Have you received a letter from AUSTRAC? Perhaps you need assistance with AUSTRAC enrolment or registration on the Remittance Sector Register or Digital Currency Exchange Register, or with ensuring that your International Funds Transfer Reports comply with the AML/CTF laws and with AUSTRAC specifications?
If you have unwittingly breached the AML/CTF laws, the way you negotiate with AUSTRAC can have a substantial effect on how AUSTRAC responds.
We help clients liaise with AUSTRAC, and also assist with preparing comprehensive Remediation Plans to address any AUSTRAC concerns.
How can we help
- Assisting you to respond to AUSTRAC regulatory action
- Drafting a response to AUSTRAC investigations, requests for information and other queries
- Responding to AUSTRAC Notices (including an AUSTRAC Notice to suspend registration)
- Acting as a liaison between a client and AUSTRAC
- Assisting with preparing and implementing a Remediation Plan to address any issues raised by AUSTRAC
- Reviewing an AUSTRAC registration and enrolment application
- Advice on Proceeds of Crime issues
We can provide you with
- Industry-specific AML/CTF Program templates and assistance with tailoring the documents to reflect the specific ML/TF risks that your business faces
- AML/CTF advice such as:
- Whether the Australian AML/CTF laws apply to your business
- The nature of the client’s AML/CTF obligations and how the client complies with those obligations
- Assistance with responding to an AUSTRAC investigation
- An Independent Review of the AML/CTF Program
- How to ensure that you are complying with your AML/CTF reporting obligations, in particular, in relation to International Funds Transfer Instruction (IFTI) Reports
- Advising on a breach by a client of the AML/CTF laws
We don’t just build AML/CTF programs that comply with Australian requirements (and New Zealand, upon request). One of our roles is providing ongoing guidance and support in reviewing or auditing your existing AML/CTF program. We provide you with practical recommendations which flow from our review, which impact both the content of the Program and how it should be implemented, to ensure compliance with the AML/CTF laws. We also regularly conduct independent reviews as required by the AML/CTF legislation.