We provide legal services including:
- National Consumer Credit Protection Act, National Credit Code, ASIC Act and other regulatory obligations advice;
- Preparing, amending, interpreting and advising on authorised credit representative agreements;
- Developing and advising on corporate governance systems;
- Designing or providing legal “sign off” on Credit Guides and other disclosure documents;
- Attendance at compliance committee meetings; and
- Other business law services.
Do you know if you need an Australian Credit Licence? Generally speaking, if you engage in credit activity, you need an Australian Credit Licence unless an exemption or defence applies.
We can help you in determining whether your proposed business will be caught by the credit licensing regime and, if so, whether you can rely on any of the licensing exemptions.
Please note: We do not offer these services to pay-day lending and consumer leasing businesses.
ACL Reviews (Audits)
Many Australian Credit Licensees tell ASIC that they will conduct annual external reviews using an external services provider as part of their initial ACL application. In any case, whether you under scrutiny by ASIC or want to avoid it, having an independent review of your compliance arrangements is a worthwhile exercise.