Our Experience and Expertise
We have worked with hundreds of Responsible Managers, both for AFSLs and ACLs, since licensing was introduced in 2004. Our Licensing Team is headed by an ex-ASIC senior manager who oversaw the ASIC Licensing Team for the final 15 years of his time there.
We know the ins and outs of ASIC Regulatory Guide 105, which looks at the organisational competency, particularly focusing on the importance of a licensee’s Responsible Manager.
Legal Services & Support for Responsible Managers
On top of our compliance support offerings, we also provide legal services for Responsible Managers through our law firm, Holley Nethercote Lawyers (liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards Legislation).
Some of these legal services include:
- Assistance with regulatory action
- Credit assistance with the National Consumer Credit Protection Act, National Credit Code, ASIC Act and other regulatory obligations advice
- Preparing, amending, interpreting and advising on authorised representative agreements
- Financial crime including AML/CTF
- Developing and advising on corporate governance structures
- Designing or providing legal “sign off” on Credit Guides, Financial Services Guides and other disclosure documents
- Attendance at compliance committee meetings
- Other business law services